Okay, I couldn’t decide which child to ask so I asked the three who were closest. I asked them separately so they couldn’t see the prior answers or confer. The answers are from youngest to oldest D4-3; D3-8; D2-14 (My comments in parentheses.)
1. What does your mom always say to you?
Do my chores—clean your room—clean your room (do you see a theme here?)
2. What makes Mom happy?
Hugging her — doing your chores—clean house (yes, yes and yes)
3. What makes Mom sad?
When you don’t do your stuff—when we do something bad—naughty children
4. What does your mom do that makes you laugh?
um..tickle me—a funny joke–jokes
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Grown up—she did lots of chores—an adult (another theme here. Do you wonder what I tell them? “When I was a kid…” 🙂 )
6. How old is your mom? 3—38—36 or 37 (close enough)
7. How tall is your mom?
stretches her hands up as high as they will go—I don’t know–5’ (If you’re interested. I’m 5’2”)
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
color—clean the house–read
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
sleep—clean(pretty much)–I don’t want to know
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I don’t know—writing—her books (Gotta love them)
11. What is your mom really good at?
pumping up a ball (I’d just done this for her) –writing—writing (my cheerleaders)
12. What is your mom NOT very good at?
reaching (she’s right, see ‘how tall?’ answers)—she not very good at nothing, I mean she’s good at everything (ahhh)—understanding (is she a teenager or what?)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Get people their food(LOL)—write–write
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
I don’t know—she makes good snacks on Friday—that she takes care of five kids all by herself
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
I don’t know– Minnie Mouse—I don’t know (What? A little imagination, please?)
17. What do you and your mom like to do together?
color—go shopping—watch Heroes
18. How are you and your mom the same?
because….—we both like to cook—we both like good books
19. How are you and your mom different?
*Blank stare*– She’s taller—our idea of fun is way different
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Because you’re my best mommy (ahhh)–She makes us snacks and dinner–She cares too much. (another teen response.)
21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
visit grandma—flower shop—out with friends, people her age (?)
22. Where is your mom’s LEAST favorite place to go?
sales calls—the bar(?)—downtown
Like, Becky, who I stole this from, I tag anyone who thinks doing this meme would be fun (if in a potentially dangerous way!). If you go for it, put a link in the comments, so we can all check it out.