Supposedly, these are actual advertisements that have appeared in papers across the country. My favorite is #4
1. For Sale — Eight puppies from a German Shepperd and an Alaskan Hussy.
2.Great Dames for sale.
3. Have several very old dresses from grandmother in beautiful condition.
4. Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it.
5. Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.
6. Vacation Special: have your home exterminated.
7. If you think you’ve seen everything in Paris, visit the Pere Lachasis Cemetery. It boasts such immortals as Moliere, Jean de la Fontain, and Chopin.
8. Mt. Kilimanjaro, the breathtaking backdrop for the Serena Lodge. Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in.
9. The hotel has bowling alleys, tennis courts, comfortable beds, and other athletic facilities.